Perranporth in North Cornwall, in the southwest corner of England, boasts of some of the nations finest beaches with a full three-mile course of golden sand complete with sheltering dunes. No wonder its so popular with visiting tourists and holidaying families. During low tides, some sections of the beach turn into natural open air sea water pools perfect for young children who may be a bit intimidated by the waves that pound this English coast. Also on low tides, the sand dunes is the favourite hangout of sunbathing creatures, butterflies, and birds making the area a fantasy land for nature lovers.
As one of north Cornwalls favourite tourism towns, Perranporth has plenty of excellent holiday accommodation. Once you have a a comfortable base for a family vacation, its time to explore and enjoy all that the local area has to offer. If youre still wondering what else you can do on holiday in Perranporth, here are the top five things you can do in this quaint yet truly scenic village.
1. Learn to Surf With more than 3 miles of beach it is no wonder that one of the major attractions of Perranporth is its long list of nationally recognised surfing schools. From the Ticket to Ride Surf School to Perranporth Surf School to The Watering Hole Surf School, there is just plenty of surf schools to choose from. These organisations are duly accredited and come with all the necessary paperwork to make your surfing activities unique, safe, and truly one-of-a-kind. It doesnt matter whether youre young or old, an absolute newbie or a seasoned pro, there is always a surfing program you can choose from that suits your skill level perfectly.
2. Take a Stroll Down the Beach If youll be travelling to Cornwall with your loved one, there is nothing can be more romantic than taking a stroll down the beaches of this small yet picturesque village. Head towards Liggers Point about two miles away from the centre of the village, have a feel for its famous soft sandy beaches, and have a glimpse of wild ruggedness of the Cornish coast.
3. Do the Clifftop Walk from Perranporth to St Agnes Need another perspective of this beautiful English coastline? Then head up the cliffs overlooking the tranquil waters of the Atlantic and walk towards St. Agnes. Take the 3.5-mile clifftop walk and be treated to some magnificent views of the rocks, foliage, bushes, and other plant and animal life. Take your dog for a walk and stop over at some of the pubs along the way where you and your dog will feel most welcome.
4. Master the Art of Mountain Biking and Kiting If you havent tried riding a mountain bike on a clifftop or on really rugged terrain before, now is the time to do it in Perranporth. There are a few adventure sports providers in the village most notably Mobius. And if mountain biking is not your thing, you can always try your guts with kite surfing, kite landboarding, or even kite buggying.
5. Sink a Hole-in-One at the Perranporth Golf Club Love golf? Then youll love taking a swing at the Perranporth Golf Club while enjoying the view of the Atlantic.
Perranporth may be small but it packs a lot of holiday activities for everyone. If you do visit this part of Cornwall for a vacation, make sure to include these five things to do in your list.
The author does not allow comments to this entry